It’s easy to become discouraged when I hear the news and consider the future of America. This morning I was checking the latest news, and I asked myself, “How can this even be an issue? Isn’t it so obvious that this is just wrong?” Then, God gave me peace while reading my Bible. In a world of unrighteousness and clouded truth, He satisfies my every need with His imminent and steadfast love. Psalm 37:1-11 (see below) gives a clear picture of God’s plan for the righteous. Christ wins in the end, and He makes it clear that I shouldn’t fret in the process. What a blessing!
1. Do not fret because of evildoers,
Be not envious toward wrongdoers.
2. For they will wither quickly like the grass
And fade like the green herb.
3. Trust in the LORD and do good;
Dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness.
4. Delight yourself in the LORD;
And He will give you the desires of your heart.
5. Commit your way to the LORD,
Trust also in Him, and He will do it.
6. He will bring forth your righteousness as the light
And your judgment as the noonday.
7. Rest in the LORD and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who carries out wicked schemes.
8. Cease from anger and forsake wrath;
Do not fret; it leads only to evildoing.
9. For evildoers will be cut off,
But those who wait for the LORD, they will inherit the land.
10. Yet a little while and the wicked man will be no more;
And you will look carefully for his place and he will not be there.
11. But the humble will inherit the land
And will delight themselves in abundant prosperity.
Psalm 37:1-11, NASB
*emphasis is mine*