Anyway, this prompted me to find a pregnancy picture with Caleb, which was a super easy task. I was so dutiful with my weekly pregnancy pictures. Why? Maybe because it was a “first,” or because it was winter and I didn’t feel like a swollen blob, or maybe it was because I had to dress up for work.
But, one thing’s for sure: it’s not because I was any more excited about our first baby than our second. I think every mom understands the novelty of that first pregnancy. With all subsequent children, pregnancy becomes a way of life, not a life change.
Nevertheless, I suffered a mild case of mommy guilt and decided to put on my nice (yes, totally joking) clothes, let my hair down, take a 35-week picture, and reflect on pregnancy #2. Here are some standout moments:
- I’ve gained more weight this time around. And, I’m usually okay with that reality because less morning sickness is worth a few pounds.
- I’ve had a ridiculous craving to smell gasoline and cleaning products (sadly, no extra impetus to clean).
- This pregnancy has been just as painful and tiresome with the lower-back pain, the infections, the round ligament pain. But, you know what? It hasn’t bothered me nearly as much. Maybe I’m used to it, or maybe I’m learning to cope a little better. Or, maybe I’m just distracted by my precious toddler. Either way, it’s an encouraging thought.
- This little girl has moved nonstop since week 18, and her favorite time to boogie is at night.
- This little girl has measured small since week 30, but every time I have an ultrasound, she measures on target. In fact, her head is measuring 99%, which has weakened my resolve to try and deliver naturally.
- I’m carrying very low and have decided that my or Caleb’s life will have to be at risk in order for me to run, even a few feet. Seriously, we ran across the road one day, and I felt like she was going to drop out.
- She was breech for a few weeks, but turned around at my latest ultrasound last week. Big blessing–that was not comfortable at all.
- Josh and I finally have a name, but are still wavering on a middle name.
- This pregnancy has gone so much faster than the first one, and we can’t wait to meet Miss _______ 🙂